Friday, April 11, 2008

singing the blues...


The RubberNecker challenge this week was dark blue, light blue and a neutral color. You would think having boys I would use alot of blues, but I really seem to stay away from the true blue shades. I have a stash of aqua paper, but not awhole lot of navy.


When I first saw this jack in the box stamp the first thing I thought was how cute it would be cut apart and make it 3D. The box I created myself by stamping onto a 1 wide strip of pattern paper, cutting out the stars and moons and simply folding it. There is no actual bottom or top to the box, and it doesn't really need it. The spring was created from thick wire twisted around a pen. The pom-pom on the top of the hat was made from embroidery floss.


supplies used:
RubberNecker stamp
Chatterbox pattern paper
Cuttlebug Swiss dots
My Minds Eye verses
wire, embroidery floss

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Creative and beautiful!! Love it

Stampin' Meg said...

Such a fun card, Wendy!

Janine said...

This is just fabulous!! What an ingenious idea!

Annapurna said...

Very nice! Great idea making it 3D. The ribbon brings it all together.

Andrea Amu said...

THIS is so darling, Wendy! I'm so happy to see you bloggin' now! Love it!

Jen Gallacher said...

What a creative idea. You are so good at adding little details to your work. Amazing! :)