Friday, February 12, 2016
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Fran Seiford presents 35 years of experience with embossing powder to create a book featuring Techniques from A to Z. You’ll learn new and innovative techniques as well as brush up on the basics. Full color illustrations, printed in the USA. 104 pages. This week the Stampendous Design Team is bringing you projects using the techniques featured in the book!
I'm using technique P on pages 38-39 of the book!
Stampendous Nathalie Kalbach Urban Scribble (stencil), Fronds Clear Stamps, Happy Greetings Clear Stamps, Detail Gold Embossing Powder, Sterling Silver Embossing Powder, Detail Copper Embossing Powder, white Embossing Paste, Embossing Heat Tool
Lets hop! Be sure to check out what the Stampendous team has created!
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
I'm up on the Clear Scrap blog today with a cheerful Valentines layout using the leftover chipboard from the Clear Scrap new Chipboard Shape Embellishments.
- Sand any nubs away from chipboard frame piece.
- Adhere pattern paper to chipboard. Trim extra pattern paper away.
- Adhere pattern paper behind chipboard frame. Trim away extra.
- Remove protective film from the front of the Clear Scrap acrylic sheet. (I left the film on the back of the sheet to give a frosted look.)
- Adhere frames to the acrylic sheet on a diagonal. Some of the frames will hang off the edges. Cut away with a knife.
- Adhere chipboard embellishment to a frame. Embellish with photos.
- Clear Scraps Acrylic 12 x 12 Sheet,
- Clear Scraps Family Chipboard Word Title
- Clear Scraps Chipboard Embellishments
- Beacon Zip Dry Adhesive
- Pebbles Pattern Paper
Friday, February 5, 2016
It is always a great time hopping with Tombow USA and we are thrilled to be hopping over the weekend with them. Our design teams will be sharing some pretty awesome projects with products from our prizes list, you will not want to miss out on a single day!
When I pulled out the Stampendous Butterfly Duo pack to create with my goal was to see how many different cards I could create. The kit comes with 6 blank cards, 2 stencils and a fine tip pen.
•technique idea- For this card I used the FMS4004 stencil repeatedly on the background and inked with Distress Ink.
Supplies Used: Stampendous Butterfly Duo, Charmed Art, Tombow Recycled Colored Pencils, Spectrum Noir markers
•technique idea- Using the stencils, I outlined the butterfly design and filled the background with the other stencil in the kit. I added dots of gray with markers and colored the butterfly with colored pencils.
Supplies Used: Stampendous Butterfly Duo, Happy Greetings, Fronds, Ranger Distress Ink, Tombow Mono-adhesive, white acrylic paint
•technique idea- I inked the entire background with Distress Inks. Using the butterfly stencil, I dry embossed the butterfly. Keeping the stencil in place, I stamped images on the card front making. The butterfly embossing is recessed in the card and will not be stamped. I painted the butterfly with a bit of watered down white acrylic paint to make it "pop".
•technique idea- I used the butterfly stencil to fill the entire background with color.
Are you ready to hop? Check out what the designers have created! Be sure to leave some love along the way!
Sunday, January 31, 2016
Today's card is a Valentines Day card featuring the adorable Bebunni! I colored him with Spectrum Noir and Spectrum Sparkle for a bit of shimmer.
Crafters Companion Bebunni Sweet As A Rose
Spectrum Noir (CG2, GG1, GG2, PP1, FS8, TN1, TN2)
Spectrum Sparkle (Rose Quartz)
Friday, January 29, 2016
I'm over this snow already so I'm bring a bit of spring into my craftroom this week with this gorgeous dahlia stamp from Crafters Companion Sheena A Little Bit Floral.
Crafters Companion Sheena A Little Bit Floral- Dahlia
Spectrum Noir PP1, FS8, CR4, LG2, CG2
Beacon Zip Dry Adhesive
Crate Paper pattern paper
Target Washi tape
Dreamweavers DWLJ806 Honeycomb Stencil, Translucent Embossing Paste
Ranger Distress Ink
Tombow Recycled Color Pencils
1. Trim cardstock to 4.25 x 11 inches. Fold at 5.5 inches to create card base.
2. Place stencil on white cardstock. Ink with Distress Inks.
3. With stencil still in place, spread Translucent Embossing Paste onto paper. Remove stencil and clean immediately.
4. Sprinkle glitter onto wet embossing paste. Allow to dry.
5. Stamp image, color with pencils and cut out.
6. Mat honeycomb background and adhere to card.
7. Adhere stamped image to card.
8. Embellish with ribbon.
What's a hop without some fabulous prizes! Comment to win on of three prize packages that include:
- CRR247 Cling Beautiful Braid Rubber Stamp
- SSC1220 Sisters Perfectly Clear Stamps
- Assortment of May Arts Ribbon
See Stampendous Official Contest Rules for details.
Are you ready to hop? Be sure to check out all the designers blogs and leave them some love!