Monday, September 22, 2008

So You Think You Can Stamp round 2

This weeks challenge for Simple Scrapbooks So You Think You Can Stamp round 2 is stamping on transparencies. Fun challenge, not always so fun to try to photograph, lol! For the challenge part of the layout I stamped the Autumn Leaves butterfly twice, once on transparency and once on kraft cardstock. I cut both of them out, flipping the cardstock butterfly over so the stamped image is on the back. I added some Kaiser gems for the body and adhered the transparency to the cardstock with tiny pop dots hidden under the gems.



I used two butterflies on the left side to represent my SD and hubby and then the single butterfly on the right side to represent her taking off and finding her wings.

journaling reads:
"These words by song writer, Mark Harris, fit you and your fathers relationship perfectly. As you make that transition from eigth grade to high school, live your dreams but remember he's always there. (photos from 8th grade dance)"

There is also some stamping under the title stickers. I stamped the Rubbernecker leaf image in Versamark to give a subtle tone on tone effect. I'm kinda hooked on that tone on tone effect, lol! The KI lace paper is a shade lighter and popped up on many pop dots to give another tone on tone effect. The color inspiration for this layout subconsiously came from this weeks Color Throwdown I have had this kraft, blue, green combo stuck in my head all week. I was supposed to use chocolate brown and instead I used kraft so it doesn't quite fit the color combo. Isn't it a fun color combo though?!

supplies used:
stamps: Rubbernecker, Autumn Leaves
ink: Stazon, Versamark
cardstock: Prism, DCWV, KI lace
stickers: Reminisce
bling: Kaiser crafts
other: Office Depot transparency, lots & lots of pop dots

The vote is up. This vote will work the same way and you will be able to vote as much as you want and for as many layouts as you want. Please, please go vote !


Have a happy Monday!

9 comments:

joybear said...

Yay!! Glad you made it! This LO ROCKS!!! Off to see if voting is ready...

Anthonette said...

I just voted for you! I love the combo of Kraft and acetate. Great layout.

renee said...

Love the layout. Good luck on the contest.

Anonymous said...

You did such an amazing job on the layout and such a great job with that challenge of stamping on transparencies. I have used that butterfly just like that and the look is wonderful but I also love the way you used the green lace paper.

Anonymous said...

Wendy, this layout is a show stopper! I love it! :) ---teri

Anonymous said...

Awesome Layout Wendy!!! April

Deb Neerman said...

Wooohoooo! You made it to the next round!!!

This L-O is nothing short of fabulous!! It's a total winner ... every detail is perfect!

Off to vote for you!

~Hugs, Deb

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous page ... love the dimension and great design.

Broni said...

I LOVE this page! I love the butterflies, the bling, the PHOTO, the layout...just everything!!!