Monday, October 6, 2008

short and sweet

This is going to be a quick post because I'm exhausted. Its been one of those weeks where we're constantly on the go...and its only Monday. ugh!

I'm a bit behind on getting this card up for the Rubbernecker challenge. The challenge was to use chipboard on a card. I also doubled it with one of last weeks splitcoast stampers challenges of faux batik. You may recognize the leaves and flowers as the same from my last SYTYCS layout. This was actually a sample piece that I did to see if I would be able to machine stitch those leaves. Couldn't let it go to waste.


supplies used:
stamps: Rubbernecker, Autumn Leaves
cardstock: Prism
chipboard: Heidi Swapp
stickers: Heidi Swapp

This next card is for Lizzie Anne Designs weekly sketch challenge #47. I also tried to use the colors from this weeks Color Throwdown. I stamped the gears on cardstock, cut them out and then glued them onto cardstock of the same color. I'm still loving that tone on tone effect.



supplies used:
stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! The details on the first card with all of those wonderful leaves is just plain great and wowie on the cute gears on the second card. What a good idea.

LeAnne said...

Oh my goodness! This is adorable! What a great use of these images and colors! Thanks so much for playing the challenge!
LeAnne