Monday, January 26, 2009

sketch challenge, anyone?

I am so excited, because it is my week to create the sketch for Lizzie Anne Design's sketch challenge #63 . I thought it would be fun to create a tag sketch this week, but it could easily be used for a tall card instead if you'd like. The twist to the challenge is to cut out your stamped images. Come join in the fun and be sure to link up your work in the LAD forum.



Here is my tag for the challenge. Ok, I'll admit it I cheated a bit. Those flowers are actually leftovers from a layout I created awhile ago. Recognize them? Just in case you don't heres how I made them. The flowers are made from covering an older pattern paper with wrinkled tissue paper, stamping the flower image and cutting them out. Marvy liquid applique and a touch of Stickles was added to create the puffy sparkly center. You can see them also used in this layout... Swing.

The base of the tag is a piece of chipboard that was lying around my desk. I was curious to see if Versamark would work on it. It does!


supplies used:
stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs Damask, Jolies Fleurs
paper: Doodlebug
stickers: Doodlebug


Have a great Monday and I hope you'll come try the Lizzie Anne sketch challenge!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

beautiful tag! I like that stamped chipboard!

Elena said...

Beautiful sketch! I love stamped chipboard! Very pretty card!

Fink said...

It is gorgeous! I love the sketch too! I hope to get a chance to try it!

Andrea Amu said...

Nice job with the sketch! I really like the way the versa mark looks on the chipboard... tfs!

Anonymous said...

this is so beautiful!

Jenny said...

Very pretty card Wendy!