Sunday, February 22, 2009

going green....

Shirleys2Girls has a Green Challenge up on the blog that I just had to try. They even provided a template to use to create a box with. The challenge was to use the template and create something green. I decided to go green by recycling a Girl Scout cookie box. Fill it with a bit of green moola and you have a box/gift in one.


I don't have any of their stamps yet, so I used two different October Afternoon circle stamps to create a pattern. I simply stamped the pattern repeatedly on the right side of the kraft cards in Versamark and then embossed with white EP. Add a butterfly cut from the Cricut, bit of green ink...simple gift.

While I was stamping I decided to make an extra card to have on hand using the same layout. simple, but I love the interest that the white EP adds.

Here's a close-up of the inside where you could see the Girl Scout box. This box is the perfect fit for dollar bills.


supplies used:
chipboard: Girl Scout Cookies
stamps: October Afternoon, Lizzie Anne
other: ribbon, button, cricut
template: Shirleys2girls

6 comments:

Justine said...

OMGoodness, I absolutely love what you have done with this challenge. Isn't that the cutest little template?

Annelies said...

This little box is cute

Elena said...

That is so pretty! The buttefly is a very nice touch!!!

S2G said...

WENDY...just now saw your entry...we LOVE it! I tried and wanted to email you directly, but couldn't find your email...?
could you please email us at: thegirls@shirleys2girls.com
thnx...DEIDRE

LeAnne said...

OMW, this is so cute----LOVE the photo of what's inside! Green in TWO different ways!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Mmmm...gorgeous...love those dollar bills so neatly rolled and tucked inside!