Tuesday, March 17, 2009

are you wearing green today?

Everyone wearing green today? That is usually the extent of our celebrating St Patties Day in this house. But this year, I remembered I had a Saint Patricks Day stamp in the Melissa Frances holiday set that was just waiting to be inked up. I created some cards to stick in my families lunch boxes today. For my oldest DS who's 9, I made him a bookmarker instead. He's at that age where notes from mom aren't always cool one week and then he wants to know why I don't do them anymore the next week. Go figure!!! So I'm hoping he'll like this bookmark instead. Sorry about the icky photo, but I had to hurry up and take them before the sun was up this morning so I could sneak them in their bags.


supplies used:
stamps: Melissa Frances(sentiment), Studio G (heart set)

The 3-leaf clover is actually a heart stamped three times. I saw the idea for that last year and thought it was the coolest thing. I'm surprised at myself for actually remembering it come St Pattys Day, LOL! To make the stem, I inked a part of the arrow.


Happy Saint Patricks Day!!!


Anyone notice I changed my header? I figured it was time for some spring colors. If anyone is noticing its too big, please let me know. Its been almost a year and I'm still trying to figure out all this blogging techie stuff.

Have a great St Patties Day and a terrific Tuesday!

5 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Clever, clever, clever! I, who have no imagination I guess, would never have thought to use a heart stamp to create a shamrock. Genius idea!

Your blog banner looks just perfect; not too big, not too small!

Happy St. Paddy's Day!


~Hugs, Deb

Unknown said...

The bigger the better, right?

Fink said...

I love your banner and did notice but forgot to say so! I wish I would have thought of the heart too! I think I remembered someone telling me this but my old timers set in!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Your cards are really cute! I would never have thought to use a heart to make a clover - how ingenious!

Elena said...

so cute! Love your brilliant idea!