Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lizzie Anne Sneak Peeks- Day 3

Today's the last day of Lizzie Anne sneak peeks. That means that the sets will available tomorrow April 25th.

I fell in love with In The Parlor the minute I saw it. It is so unlike any stamps that I have and I couldn't wait to try something different. It consists of three chairs, a chandelier, two lights and a table along with a number of different sentiments. For the first card I colored the chair in with pencils and OMS. One of the great things about Lizzie Anne Designs stamps is that they are unmounted cling stamps. That means less space to store, but also that sometimes you can bend the stamp a bit to work with your design. I curved the sentiment to wrap around my chair.




supplies used:
stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs (In the Parlor)
pattern paper: SEI, CI
ribbon: Michaels


For this next card, I stamped the chair on kraft cardstock and colored it in with chalks/pencils. While cleaning through my room last week, I found some really really old stickers. I'm not even sure anymore who made these. They were the perfect size to add to the chair to look like the cat is sitting on the chair. The background was created with one of the flowers from the Garden Inspirations set. You might recognize the layout from this weeks Lizzie Anne sketch challenge LAD #75.




supplies used:
stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs (In the Parlor & Garden Inspirations)
cardstock: Prism

Be sure to stop by the Lizzie Anne Blog to see the other great releases today, Sweet Treats and a sentiment single to go with Supergirl. For more samples be sure to stop by the Lizzie Anne DT girls blogs... Tricia Ulberg , Jeanne Streiff, Kendra Wietstock, Maren Benedict, Debbie Fisher, Lauren Meader, Katie Ellsworth, Kirsten DuBosque, Joslyn Nielson, Jeni Allen, Rose Ann Reynolds, Taylor Usry, Aj Otto, and Kimmie Reid.

5 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Lovin' both of these! I love the coloring on the Kraft cardstock!

joslyn said...

really cute i love how you used this set.

Rose Ann said...

Great cards, Wendy!!

Elena said...

They are both gorgeous! Love how you did curved sentiment! And stickers are perfect for the second card!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my gosh, loved the way you stamped the chair on kraft and then colored it in! how neat, it gives it that added dimension! Beautiful!

And that cat, I thought that you had masked that image...lol! Didn't know it was a sticker until I read it..wow! Great job!