Monday, June 8, 2009

happy Monday...

Happy Monday! Call me crazy but I actually like Mondays. They're filled with lots of errands but I love that feeling of accomplishment as I check off all the to-do's.


Todays card is a very simple 10 minute card. Perfect for a busy day. I stamped the flowers from Lizzie Anne Designs Garden Inspirations on a kraft card in Stazon. I went in and added a bit of aqua watercolor around the images. Then I went in a added touches of highlights with a white gel pen.

To speed up this and other projects, many times when I first get a set, I'll stamp the images out on post-it notes. I cut them out and store them in the LAD clear cases. This way when I have a project that calls for masking such as this one, I already have a mask on hand. When I'm done with them, I put them back in the case for another project.

supplies used:
stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs (Garden Inspirations)
cardstock: Prism

3 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Ok, you're officially crazy...and the only person I know who likes Mondays. Maybe I'd like Mondays better if I didn't have to go to work, and could stay home and create wonderful cards like this one you've posted. LOL

Kim Burmeister said...

Wendy, your card is beautiful! I love the kraft paper. I have some and haven't used it yet. Lynn make a card with kraft today too.

You are so organized to make masks of your stamps. Great idea!

Great job! Thanks for the inspiration to get out my paper and play.

Anonymous said...

So so beautiful!! What really fab coloring on an elegant creation!! ;)