Thursday, July 30, 2009

LOVE letters....

Today's project is another review that I did for Scrapfriends on Wooden Letters . They produce high quality wooden letters in a variety of fonts and sizes. Great product and free shipping over $15. Be sure to check them out if you're looking for letters to alter.

As soon as I pulled these babies out of the box I knew I wanted to try wood burning them. Now mind you, its probably been 10 plus years since I've tried my hand at wood burning, but I wasn't going to let that stop me.

I chose a very simple stamp design from Inkadinkado to wood burn. If you're going to try wood burning for the first time try something simple and be sure to also chose a soft wood like bass. Oh, and practice on the back first. (wink)

I added a wash of watercolors and varnish after burning to give them a green tint. The butterfly stickers were from the Dollar Tree yrs ago. I adhered them to transparency first and then cut them out, adding them to the letters with pop dots.

Here's the final project....



Hop on over to Scrapfriends to check out the review and while you're there be sure to check out the archive of reviews. Tons and tons of reviews for your reading pleasure!

7 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, Wendy! This is BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely stunning! What a great project! (I think a PCP Tutorial is needed for this!)

Kim Burmeister said...

Holy Moly, Wendy! This is GORGEOUS!

Annette said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the wood burning technique with the stamps and the butterflies are awesome! Have a wonderful weekend!

Fink said...

I love the letters! The butterflies are so cute on them!

Tiffany Ervin said...

That is sooo PRETTY Wendy! What a great home decor item!

Andrea Amu said...

Ohhh man! I love this! Great idea to wood burn over stamped lines!

Sean said...

Those are definitely neat looking. I might add they are the most unique I have seen! I am glad you liked the letters we did for you!
Sean