Saturday, August 15, 2009

stamping time...

Yay! Gotta love a bit of quiet time to work on some projects. I have two more cards to share today. Sorry for the doubling posting, but I wanted to get the one card up by tonight.





The first is for this weeks Hero Arts weekly challenge. Did you know that they now have digital paper? How cool is that?! This card uses one of their freebie digi text images. I also stamped the butterfly with HA Paisley and ???? (sorry, the names cut off on the packaging). Using the digi text image, I cropped a portion of it in a circle, finding a key word that I wanted to highlight. I added a teal stoke (outline) around the text and printed it on cardstock. Next I added a slight wash of aqua watercolors around the border. Will the ink run some? absolutely, but that was kinda the look I wanted. I wanted a soft blended outer edge. The butterflies were cut with the Cricut, stamped and embossed with clear EP. A simple gingham bow, a bit of bling and a rubon...super simple hybrid card.





This next card was done for Southern Breezes Saturday night challenge. This weeks challenge is to use old kits, papers, embellishments....anything you've had forever and never really used. I pulled out some old KI papers that I loved and hoarded for years. The rubons are from Li'l Davis from yrs ago too. And the shark, well, he's new. I was still on a handcutting kick from this week so I printed out a shark dingbat and made him into a card. Have to apologize for the icky night, no light photo.

10 comments:

Shelia said...

I love both, but the butterfly one is wonderful. What cartridge did you use to cut them. The color combo just makes the whole card.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Super gorgeous cards Wendy!! So glad you got to play with the weekly challenge, yay! Love those butterflies, so yummy!

Unknown said...

That fish is so cute, but I'm in love with the first one. Maybe I'll case it one day... I haven't had any mojo in over a week and I love your stuff. Take care lucky girl who had a quiet day!

Sarah said...

awesome cards wendy! The butterfly one is brilliant!

mugsy said...

love the butterfly card.....will have to check out digi stuff from HA.

cool chark !!

Kim Burmeister said...

Wow! What a beautiful butterfly card! The shark is awesome too, but the butterfly is so pretty!

Unknown said...

Love these cards. Those butterflies are bee-you-tee-ful!

Cathy Bautista said...

Love what you did with the butterfly! Just love that card!!!

Calia Yang said...

OMG!! I love your shark card!! totally cool!

Heather Lough said...

those are awesome cards. Great job.