Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dream Big...

My poor forgotten blog. I haven't really forgotten it, but last week was just crazy busy with Halloween and then I had a sick child on top of it. Since I haven't gotten alot of stamping time in lately, I'm sharing an book that I made using Dixie Pieces October kit.

I cut a 8x4 and 2 4x4 pieces from the canvas, found in the kit. The flower was created by wetting pieces of crepe paper with a water/vinegar mix and letting the color bleed onto the canvas. Once the color was dry I roughly machine stitched some petals in to define the flower. I added some layered buttons for a center. The sides were machine stitched to the cover and a handmade graph paper notebook was slipped inside the cover. The final touch was an inspirational sentiment from Molly Stamps, stamped on the cover.

And I have to thank two super sweet friends, Andrea and Tammy for giving me this award. You girls ROCK! Thank you!!!


The rules are that I have to answer these questions with one word answers and then pass the award on. I totally couldn't answer some of these in one word answers but I kept them brief. So onto the questions:

1. Where is your cell phone? pocket
2. Your hair? ponytail
3. Your mother? busy
4. Your father? missed
5. Your fave food? chocolate
6. Your dream last night? Phillies
7. Your fave drink? coffee
8. Your dream/goal? stamp illustrator
9. What room are you in? living room
10. Your hobby? stamping
11. Your fear? death
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? warm climate
13. Where you were last night? photography class
14. Something that you aren't? employed...anyone hiring? ;-)
15. Muffins? YUM!
16. Wish List Item? CS4
17. Where did you grow up? Pineys
18. Last thing you did? shopped
19. What are you wearing? Hoodie
20. Your TV? OFF
21. Your Pets? needy
22. Friends? thankful for
23. Your Life? hectic
24. Your Mood? tired
25. Missing Someone? yes
26. Vehicle? Scion
27. Something your not wearing? jacket
28. Your fave store? craft store
29. Your fave color? green
30. Last time you laughed? morning
31. Last time you cried? last week
32. Your best friend? DH
33. One place that I go to over and over? school
34. One person who emails regularly? school
35. Fave place to eat? BK
36. Facebook? Yep!

hmmm, the second part of the award is that I have to pass on the award to 5 friends so I'm passing it on to: Sankari , Susanna , Dianna , Stephanie , and Meg .

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your sketch book is BEAUTIFUL!

Creatively Lisa said...

Wendy....this is beautiful. I love it!

Andrea Amu said...

Gurl! You always surpass your creativity beyond all boundaries! YOU AMAZE me. I mean,seriously just when I think you couldn't possibly create anything better than before, there you go knocking another one outta the ballpark! Wow, if I could spend a minute in your brain ;) This canvas book is darling. Don't know how you get these clever cute ideas.

sunghee said...

What? What! What do you mean you've neglected your blog! Hehe. I'm always amazed at how many great projects you make so quickly! And the canvas sketch book is awesome. Hope your kid is feeling better.

Kim Burmeister said...

Wow! Your book is awesome! I love how the flower wraps around the front and back. This is so pretty, Wendy! You rock!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love it Wendy! Such a beautiful keepsake - love the big flower!