Friday, February 5, 2010

Wooden bangles (part 3)

Welcome back for part three of working with wooden bangles. This is my last project to share from the review, but I have a few more projects in the works. I had to bring out the power tools for todays bangle. Using a scroll saw, I cut off an inch of the wooden bangle to make it into a wooden cuff. I sanded and rounded the edges with a power sander. Using a Dremel I partially drilled holes every 1 inch. This is to allow the screw eyelets to sit in the hole. I stained the piece with antiquing glaze and gave it a spray of varnish. Using a thick adhesive, set the eyelets into the holes. I love that the grain of the wood still shows through!!!

If you're interested in trying your hand at any of the projects the wooden bangles can be found at DIYBangles. Be sure to sign up for their newsletter to receive coupons and sales updates.

2 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Oh I love the look of this! Enjoyed scrolling through your blog!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Another great design, Wendy! Seriously... you need an Etsy store for these! They'll sell like hotcakes!