Thursday, July 29, 2010

when life gives you lemons

Two more cards today using Lizzie Anne's Monthly Mix, Turn Towards the Sun. I used this weeks sketch over at 2sketches4you as the starting point for this card. I sketched out a large lemonade and inked it up with distress inks to create the embellishment.

This next card is not my typical style, but I was playing around with distress inks and this is the result. I embossed the sailboat first in white EP. Next I inked up the pattern paper with peeled paint and faded jeans Distress Inks. I punched half circles into the vellum to create the wave layer. The letters are from BabyFace cuttlebug dies. I've rediscovered my love for that font. Perfect size for cards!

Well I'm off to go ink up some stamps and settle down with my copics in front of the TV. Project Runway, Jersey Shore and Big Brother...good TV night!

7 comments:

Karen B. said...

I think your second card is great, love the effects you've created.

Pam Hornschu said...

Love how the sailboat resists the distress inks and stands out. Very cool!

Patricia said...

Both of these are great! I like the shading and the 3-D leaves on the lemon. Fabulous job with the distress inks on the sailboat card!

Taylor said...

Can we talk about that lemon card?? It is *outstanding*!!!! You are so creative!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful, just love that distressed lemon, so many fun images in that set!

Kim Wilson said...

These are fabulous!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

These are awesome, Wendy! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the lemon!!!