Saturday, October 9, 2010

Halloween Banner...

Sorry for the lack of posts, but its a BUSY week with school, soccer, the hubby's birthday, and meetings. Today is our wedding anniversary and I still need to get a card done.

If you sign up for Lizzie Anne Designs newsletters you may have seen this project. If you haven't signed up for the newsletter yet...sign up!


Supplies: Lizzie Anne Designs Sweet and SpookySomething to Crow AboutCricut Pumpkin Carving, Cricut Wild Card, Versamark, Momento, Ranger White Paint Daubers, Copics and Ribbon

(directions can be found on the Lizzie Anne Blog). 


gotta love googly eyes especially around Halloween! The background on this panel was created by stamping the dots in versamark and embossing in clear EP. A bit of black ink and it gives a great distressed background paper!

This next panel uses a fun trick that I discovered awhile ago. I blogged about it back on this POST, but basically it consists of utilizing the waste scraps on your cricut mat. In this case, I used the negative part of the spider web design (in white). I added glue to the tops of the scrap papers while they were still on the mat, placed my cardstock (black) that I wanted to adhere them down to, rubbed them down really well and waited for the glue to dry. When I peeled it up the spider web design was glued down to the cardstock. cool, huh? :) 


Have I mentioned how much I LOVE halloween?! This Pumpkin Carving Cricut cartridge is a fun one for creating decorations with! 


Eeeek! Spiders! Despite my fear of spiders I think this spider stamp is one of my favorites from the October mix! I stamped it in versamark and clear embossed it. Then I wiped a bit of white acrylic paint over it. 



This next photo is a few days late. I'm sure you've all seen some of the WOYWW posts where everyone shares a peek at their workdesks on Wednesdays. Well this is what is under my workdesk, LOL!  My youngest has decided that my island makes a great fort. This photo cracks me up when I look at some of the stuff in the photo. He created a wall with a baby gate and blanket...fish blanket of course! Check out all his fish books on his "desk". He has a shrek watch so he can tell the time. He drug his booster seat which he just moved out of (yay!) under the desk for a chair. 


Hey Larry! Happy Anniversary! ;)

4 comments:

Stampin' Meg said...

Great banner (and I love the fort-it looks very cozy!)

Nicoletta said...

adorable this banner!! it's a good idea!
Xoxo

Amber Alvarez said...

That kid is a regular Renaissance man. <3

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wonderful looking banner and Happy Belated anniversary to you, hope you got to celebrate big! Love the imagination of our kids! Lol! You are so lucky you've gone beyond the carseat....I still have 15 more pounds to go!