Monday, November 8, 2010

it's feeling like winter...

Where did fall go to? Between the cold weather and it getting dark earlier (not a fan of daylight savings time) it is really beginning to feel like winter here! Seems like the perfect time to share this Stampendous "winter wishes" card. I stamped Forest Cottage Scene onto a label diecut. The Forest Cottage Scene is a large stamp, almost 4 x 5 inches in size. I only used a portion of the image for the diecut, but because the Stampendous cling mount stamps have a sticker with the image on the top of the stamp I was able to line up exactly the part I wanted in the diecut. 

*tip: don't have a stamp mount big enough for the large stamps? I use my Cuttlebug C plate.

stamps used: Cling Forest Cottage Scene & Snowy Short Stacks (Stampendous)
embossing powder: Crystal Embossing Powder (Stampendous)

To create the sparkly effect on the image I embossed the colored image with Crystal Embossing Powder. Love the sparkle and shine that this embossing powder can give to an image!!!


Have a great Monday and stay warm!!!

3 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful! Love this wintery scene, so pretty with the 'falling' snow!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Wow! The sparkle is amazing! Gorgeous card, Wendy!
:) Rachel

Amber Alvarez said...

This makes me feel so cozy-like. You are good at that ;) xo