Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Its looking like Christmas in my studio...

A few weeks ago, Cyndi challenged us at create a layout for the Stampendous Challenges. I created another ScrapBlog layout but I felt guilty for not putting photos to actual paper so here is my layout...


I actually started creating the snowflake background with the idea of using on tags for this weeks challenge. I ended up loving the blended colors so much I decided I couldn't cut it up. I stamped the Snow Spindle Bold in Versamark and embossed with white EP. Next I blended Broken China, Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters Distress inks with a blending tool. When I was happy with it I held my breath and spritzed it with water hoping for success. The water droplets lifted off the ink and left a beautiful pattern that I loved. Next I went back in and stamped more snowflakes. The cool thing about the snowman set is you can shape the snowman. I flattened him out some so his bottom could be stamped to create hills of snow. 

supplies used: Stampendous  ( Snow Spindle Bold & Jumbo Snowman)

Here is another card I was working on this weekend. The tree has been colored for awhile but was just waiting to be made into a card. I had this extra piece of embossed blue cardstock sitting on my desk and thought it would be perfect. Glossy Accents was added to the ornaments for pop!

supplies used: Stampendous (Cling Family Tree Set)

And I have to share what my stamping buddy up there in that top photo was working on while I was stamping. He loves Changito! 

supplies used: Stampendous (Cling Changito No Shakin Set)

11 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a great layout...was that only last winter that we had so much snow? You captured that memory in such a creative way, Wendy. I love the snowman embellishments...too cute!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous background!!!! Wendy, this is stunning!

Karin said...

Wow, you have been busy! What an awesome page! The layout is fantastic and what a great snowman. Fun cards too...That tree is priceless! Love :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wendy, the background on that page is BEAUTIFUL! OMGosh, those snowflakes are fabulous and I love the layout and graphics on the page, too. The font... the snowman... the cute kids! Great cards, too.... yours and Willem's!

StampendousGraphics said...

Glad to see you're raising them right! Nice job, Willem! And superb work, as always, Wendy! Love them all!

Kathy Martin said...

Lots of Christmas goodness here! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tiffany Ervin said...

WOWOWO!! Love the layout and the cards! The distressed background on the layout really looks fabulous with your photos!

Pam said...

No WAY! Is this Willem's debut?? He has his own watermark and everything??? oh snap!

Looks to me like you not only produce beautiful art, but beautiful kiddos too!

Nancy said...

a whole lotta WOW! that background technique looks DYNAMITE!

Emily Leiphart said...

This page is beautiful, Wendy! The background is stunning!! Love those photos, too. Your card and Willem's card are super sweet. Please stop by today to see who I've passed my Orange Torch to! :D