Sunday, December 5, 2010

the Christmas countdown...

Only 20 days till Christmas and SO much left to do. Shopping to do, holiday cards to send out and we still haven't even put the Christmas tree up. sigh. On that note I'm off to go stamp and color. Lots and lots of deadlines coming due and I've been working like crazy to get everything done so I've been skipping out on blogging this past week. Don't worry because I have some fun exciting posts planned for this week. ;) 


I had so much fun making this card. Love it when you can pull out a few sets and start combining them to create something FUN! For this card I used Build a Bauble (the ornament) and  Christmas in the City (snowman and branches). The branches were actually the charlie brown tree in the set. I simply inked up the tree (no base) and stamped it a few times to create a pine bough. 


This next card is another playing with techniques card. Thats what I call it when I feel like getting out the Distress inks/paints and just playing. I stamped the Fanciful Flourishes in Distress Ink. Spritzed it with water. Distressed the edges more. Spritzed on some Smooch glitz.  Did the same thing for the sentiment (November Monthly Mix). Just kept playing around until I liked the colors. The embossed panel was a letterpress experiment. I inked up the cuttlebug plate with versamark and embossed it. Kinda hard to see but the depressed area is a bit darker from the ink. 


Here is a closeup of the layers of stamping/inking....


Have a great weekend and stay warm! And be sure to stop back Tuesday and Friday for a few fun posts! :)

3 comments:

Karin said...

Great holiday cards and great job combining stamps to come up with these beauties :)

Pam Hornschu said...

Love them both, Wendy! Your coloring on that snowman was gorgeous! Love your trick with the tree bough.

Emily Leiphart said...

Two gorgeous cards, Wendy! I really love the tulle!!