Welcome to the Stampendous Design Team Blog Hop!!!
We have been busy, busy, busy the past few weeks creating samples for the Spring catalog. Let me just tell you...you are going to LOVE the new stamps!!! We are so excited about all the new stamps coming out that we wanted to share a couple of sneak peeks with you!!! Here’s your chance to see some really wonderful projects from BOTH the October 2010 Valentine, Easter, Spring Catalog and the January 2011 Catalog premiering at CHA at the end of this month (available in local stores soon).
- There will be four prizes drawn at random from the eligible hoppers... two of the Busy Bunnies set from the October Catalog and two flower sets from the new January Catalog!
- All blog hoppers who comment on all the blogs will receive an email with a really cute bonus project and directions!!
Here are the Official Rules:
- Start the hop at the Stampendous! blog then hop through all the Design Team blogs.
- Make sure to leave a comment on EACH Design Team Members' post.
- We will pick 4 random winners from all the comments left at all the sites. You must comment on EACH site to be eligible.
- You have until Monday, January 10th at midnight EST to hop and comment.
- Winners will be picked and notified on Wednesday, January 12.
- We can’t mail prizes internationally, but if you want to join the hop we will email you the cute project.
- Have fun!
DESIGN TEAM LIST
Stampendous Blog... http://stampendousblog.wordpress.com/
(You are HERE) Wendy... http://paperinkandsmiles.
First up is a sample that I created for
You're the Love of My Life
embossing powder: Winter Wonderland embossing powder
other: Clear Scraps acrylic heart, Creative Impressions ribbon and Copics.
- Ink edges of heart with Versamark and add embossing powder. Heat emboss being careful not to melt the acrylic.
- Adhere damask stickers to acrylic. Cut off extra.
- Mat photo and ahdere to heart.
- Stamp sentiment. Highlight the word "love" and cut out. Adhere to heart.
- Embellish with dots using a Copic marker and a bow.
Are you ready to sneak a peek at one of the new stamps coming out? It was so hard picking just one card to share. Stampendous has so many wonderful new stamps coming out! Besides the cute stamps that they are known for, Stampendous is releasing what I like to call my artsy stamps. These are the stamps that I reach for to create altered art and layouts. Just wait until you see them! Gorgeous images!! I'm picking to share a card thats a bit outside my normal style. I had so much fun working with this image!!! I just sat down and started playing with mediums.
stamps: CRP126 Bird Frame
coloring mediums: Distress Inks, Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils, white gel pen
bling: Creative Impressions
feathers: found in my dads old fish fly tying supplies.
- Add Distress ink to a piece of old sheet music. Adhere to card with machine stitching.
- Stamp image in brown ink. Color with layers of Distress inks and Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils. Add white highlights with a gel pen.
- Following the design of the image, create a bird nest with thin strips of brown cardstock. Add 3 adhesive pearls for eggs.
- Adhere image to card.
- Tie bow around feather and adhere to the card.
I hope you enjoyed my sneak peek at the new stamps! Be sure to leave me a comment to be eligible for one of those awesome prizes.
Next stop on the hop is Rachel's blog... http://gingerbreadgallery.