Thursday, May 19, 2011

Clearsnap Pendant

I was recently going through my stash of embellishments and I came across a number of goodies that I had been hoarding for just the right project. Tell me I'm not the only one that does that? LOL! One of the products I found were StyleStones from Clearsnap. They are a resin like stone with pre-drilled holes for creating jewelry out of. 

I loved the leaf design on the one, but I really wanted to make a circle pendant with it. Clearsnap just had a design team call, so while I was putting together my application for the call, I came up with the idea of impressing the design into hot embossing powder.  I  thought if it works with rubber stamps why wouldn't it work for the StyleStones? And guess what...it works! Here's a peek at the necklace I created with the piece. 


Here is a video tutorial I created for the process. Ignore the silly head/smile action in the beginning. I'm pretty sure I was just trying to make it through a third take without giggling. I should shoot an outtake video, because what you can't see in the video was my youngest son with his nose pressed up against my glass studio doors doing piggy faces trying to make me laugh. LOL! 

Instructions:
1. Punch circle from cardboard using 1 inch circle punch.
2. Color back with marker (options)
3. Ink front surface of cardboard with Versamark.
4. Dip cardboard piece directly into UTEE (ultra thick embossing powder).
5. Heat with heat tool. While still hot dip again in UTEE.
6. Continue to add coats of UTEE until you have about 4-5 coats.
7. While still hot, press StyleStone directly into UTEE.
8. Allow to cool a bit and remove StyleStone.
9. Spray piece with Clearsnap Smooch Spritz. Dab off extra.
10. Punch hole in piece with Cropadile and add cording.


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

thekolbes said...

Ohh what a wonderful idea. I love the necklace. Thanks so much for sharing
Trish

Barb Turpin said...

Yes, I think we all hoard our favorites...part of the addiction I think. Thanks for sharing, I was wondering if we were limited to rubber stamps for this process!

Scrappychick said...

Very cool girl!! Good luck :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

That is very pretty Wendy,love this piece of jewelry, I hoard products too, but painfully, I often 'forget' what I have, and that's not good!

Andrea Amu said...

Nothing short of amazing!
Again, you do some of the best creations ever!
I loved your tutorial and seeing and hearing you, Wendy. Your hair has gotten so long... very cute!
The way you made that necklace look like metal is so awesome :)
Best of luck to you on Clearsnap!