This Saturday the Stampendous team has something extra special planned for you...we have combined our regular monthly challenge with a blog hop showcasing some of the great new products released at CHA last month! Pull up a chair, grab a warm beverage and yummy snack, and get ready to be wowed! Be sure to scroll through my whole post; links to other hoppers, prize pack photos, and details on how to win are included below!
The new Color Fragments are so much fun. You can use them as they are or easily crush them to make them tinier. If they're hanging off the edges of your project...no problem. They cut like butter with your scissors.
As soon as I saw the Powder Blue Fragments they reminded me of robins eggs. I couldn't wait to try covering a frame with them!
I borrowed the above photo from the Stampendous site. They do such a GORGEOUS job on photographing projects! Here you can see it against my lovely pea soup plaster wall. ;)
1. Paint frame with white acrylic paint.
2. Using wet adhesive, cover frame with Color Fragments and glitter.
3. Apply a coat of Mod Podge over the Color Fragments and glitter to ensure they stay put. (this isn't necessary if its not going to be handled a lot and you use a good wet adhesive. I knew I was shipping this off to CHA so I wanted to be sure the Fragments and glitter were stuck down)
4. Stamp bird and egg on cardstock. Color with watercolor and cut out.
5. To form the nest, cut many strips of brown cardstock. Mix a solution of craft glue and water. Dampen cardstock strips with glue solution and shape a nest. Allow to dry
6. Adhere stamped bird and eggs inside the nest and adhere to the frame.
If you have not checked out this month's great texture challenge, you can read all the details on the Stampendous blog. Now, check out the whole list of fabulousness for today:
As you hop from blog to blog, being wowed by all the amazing new goodies we are showing off, be sure to leave some love (and your contact email) for the designers, as well as on the Stampendous blog. The more you comment, the better your chances are to win one of these five fantastic prize packs. Each one includes a brand new stamp set and bottle of color fragments from Stampendous:
Winners will be randomly selected from all comments left on blogs, so the more you comment the better your chances are to win one!! You have until Sunday, February 12 th at 8:00 PM EST to leave a comment on each blog; winners will be announced on Monday, February 13th. Due to shipping restrictions, all winners must have a US/APO/FPO mailing address.
And don't forget....We want YOU to play along with us in our monthly challenge! Just add your direct link to your card (make sure you've loaded it up with tons of TEXTURE) to the linky tool below my signature (or on the Stampendous blog) no later than March 1, 2012 at 11:00 PM EST. You do not have to use Stampendous products to play along, but we sure love it when you do! And as an extra incentive for playing, one lucky person (drawn at random from all the entries) will receive the gorgeous Corset Ladies Perfectly Clear Stamp Set.