Thursday, March 15, 2012

Skipping Stones Design DIY Washi Tape

Hi everyone! Love the all the new washi tapes out  on the market but don't want to pay a fortune? Maybe you haven't been able to find them in a particular color or print? Today over at Skipping Stones Designs,  I'm sharing how to create your own washi tape using medical adhesive tape, coloring mediums and stamps. Hop on over and check it out! Be sure to let me know what you think and if you've given it a try! 

Here is my card that I made with my DIY washi tape samples. 

supplies used:Skipping Stones Designs stamps (Pumpkin Seed Sentimens, Grunge and Cancer Schmancer), FaberCastell aquarelles, Stampendous glitter, ribbon

One of the cool things about washi tape is its translucency. Depending on the background color of your cardstock and if you layer the tapes you get different effects. 

I was able to find 1 inch medical adhesive tape at the Dollar Tree.  You could also use masking tape although it won't have the same translucent effect that the paper tape does. 

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what a fabulous idea...love that you used the medical tape...so clever...totally love this..

Anonymous said...

I hadn't thought about using medical tape - great tip! Thanks!

Barb Turpin said...

Love this idea...can't wait to try it!

~amy~ said...

awesome! Love it!