Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Skipping Stones Designs 118

Welcome back for another Skipping Stones Design Tuesday Sketch! I took a bit of liberty with this sketch and instead of the large circle used a button. Be sure to stop by the Skipping Stones Design blog to check out the sketch and welcome the new Design Team gals! 


supplies used: Skipping Stones Designs (Healing Wings, sentiment is a sneak peek at a upcoming set), Scor-Buddy, Shimmerz, Copics, Distress Inks

I stamped the butterflies in Memento and colored them with Copics. Next I went in and added Distress Inks. To finish off the look I gave it a spritz of Tsukineko's Frost Shimmerz. 

To create the pleated band, I scored a strip of pattern paper at 1/2 inch and 1/4 inch all the way down the entire strip with the Scor Buddy. Once you fold the scores it creates a cool pleated effect! 

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

super gorgeous!

Annette Allen said...

Wendy this is so beautiful...I love how you did the butterflies and great color combo...love it..

Jingle said...

WOW! This is stunning!!!

Angi Barrs said...

I so love what you did with my sketch. The addition of the button and the pretty colors are fab!

Karen B. said...

Wow, Wendy, now this is one amazing card!

Wendy said...

Holy crapola Wendy! This card is amazing!!! The colors are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I am loving that background treatment, it looks amazing! Great idea for the pleating, I can't wait to try this!

Stampin_melissa said...

Gorgeous!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Love love LOVE your card this week, Wendy! The colors are fabulous and those butterflies are just GORGEOUS!

hugs,
Jo:)

Stephanie said...

Wendy.......You are so smart!!! Love that pleated band! The colors you used are just amazing!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful pleats and colors! Delicate and lovely.