What do you get when you take an unfinished DIY Bangle, Stampendous Wonderland Perfectly Clear stamp set and a desk covered with mix of coloring mediums...happy, inky, messy FUN!
Stampendous has been joining in the fun over at the Altered Alice Challenge Blog all month long! The theme is Splendidly Dressed. You'll have until April 28th to link up at project at the Altered Alice Challenge Blog to be in the running for a Stampendous Wonderland stamp set!
stamps: Stampendous Wonderland Perfectly Clear Stamps
inks/coloring mediums: Ranger Archival Jet Black, Tsukineko StazOn Blazing Red, ClearSnap Ice Rink Mooch Spritz, Derwent Inktense Watercolor Pencils, white acrylic paint
bangle: DIYBangles Exterior Shape-flat
varnish: Walnut Hollow Farm
glitter: Stampendous Blue UltraFine
- paint bangle with white acrylic paint. Leave the inside unpainted.
- Ink up stamps with Black Archival ink, using your fingers as a stamp mount press onto the bangle. This works better with smaller really clean stamps. You can use an acrylic mount but you're going to have to turn it around the bangle. I like holding the stamp because I can press the stamp, making sure to get all spots.
- Add color with Derwent Watercolor Pencils. To give the images depth, I used Ink Black 2200 around the stamped images and pulled the color out with a damp paintbrush. This gives a nice grey shadow.
- Stamp select images on masking material. (Remember that Medical Adhesive Paper I created faux Washi tape with a few weeks ago...perfect for masks on rounded surfaces like the bangle! )Mask off images and stamp scrolls in Blazing Red StazOn.
- Spray on some Ice Rink Smooch Spritz to add color and shimmer.
- Ink edges of bangle.
- Paint on varnish. While the varnish is still wet, sprinkle on a bit of Stampendous Blue UltraFine Glitter.
Be sure to stop by the Altered Alice Challenge Blog to learn more about this months challenge and check out the wonderful inspiration from the Altered Alice DT and Stampendous DT!