hi everyone! Today I'm sharing a faux textured glass project that I created for Clear Scraps using their Trifold Frame, Stampendous stamps and Goosebumps.
Gather up your supplies and lets get started (-:
Supplies Used: Clear Scraps (Trifold Regular Frame, Small Dream Expression), Stampendous stamps (Hydrangea Bunch, Nestled Bird) Sharpie Markers, Ranger Alcohol Inks, Tsukineko (Goosebumps Spray, Memento and StazOn), Copper Foil, White acrylic paint
1. Remove protective coating and stamp images on the front of Trifold pieces.
2. Remove protective covering on the other side of the acrylic. Using Sharpies or Alcohol Inks, color in stamped images on the back side. Sharpies or alcohol inks will react with StazOn so be sure to color on the opposite side.
3. To make the flowers pop a bit, paint white acrylic paint over the Alcohol ink layer.
4. Allow acrylic paint to dry. Spray with Goosebumps on the side with the Alcohol inks and acrylic paint. This gives the acrylic pieces a texture similiar to water glass and also seals in the paint.
5. Wrap acrylic with Copper Foil.
6. Bind the panels with wire.
7. Embellish with Dream acrylic piece, stamped images and a quote.
idea to note: paint white acrylic paint on the back of the Dream acrylic embellishment and outline with copics.a closeup of the panels...
I'm entering this in the following challenges:
•Simon Says Stamps (vintage)- things that fly
•7 Kids College Fund- things with wings