Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Happy Holidays Acrylic Layout

One of my favorite things about working with Clear Scraps acrylic is playing up its transparency! Today's layout uses a XL Dots Deco shape. 


I stamped the holly pattern on the back of the acrylic in StazOn, flipped it over and colored the front of the acrylic with alcohol markers. Make sure you don't color on the same side as the ink! You'll end up with an inky mess. 


This SEI Chalet sticker had a negative space that I thought would be perfect to back with copper foil. I planned to wrap the entire acrylic piece with copper foil and this was a way to pull the copper through the design. The bottom strip of pattern paper under the photo is actually a piece of packaging from SEI Chalet embellies. It had exactly the color and pattern I needed to bring into the layout, so why not. 


Supplies Used: Clear Scraps (XL Dots), SEI (Chalet), Stampendous (Jumbo Cardinals-retired), Tsukineko (StazOn), alcohol markers, copper foil

I'm entering this in the following challenges:
Stamp and Create-anything goes
Oozak- anything goes-celebration

No comments: