Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mothers Day...

Hope everyone is having a very happy mothers day! I spent the day on the sofa watching TV and browsing Pinterest with this cutie since he was so sweet to share the flu with me. ah, the joys of motherhood. 


While browsing Pinterest, I found this cool technique from Lauren Meader called Poppin Acetate. All you need is White StazOn, acetate and chalk. 


I couldn't wait to give it a try with the large butterfly in the Flying Colors set! Love that butterfly! I stamped the butterfly in white StazOn on a XL Deco Clear Scrap shape and immediately while it was still wet dabbed chalk on the ink. I couldn't find the applicators that came with the chalks, so I used cotton balls. Probably not the best idea since it left a covering of fuzz on the ink, but it actually gave it a cool effect...almost like flock. In the end, I ended up flipping the layout over because I liked the softer color from the back. 


I created the strip of pattern paper by embossing the flourish design, also in the Flying Colors set, with white embossing powder. 

supplies used:
Clear Scraps XL Deco Shape
Crafters Companion Sheena A Little Bit Scenic Flying Colors
Tsukineko StazOn White Cotton, Versamark
Lifestyle Crafts- Nesting Circles
Stampendous White Embossing Powder
The Twinery-purple twine
chalk

No comments: