Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Acrylic Star Frame...

We recently lost one of our rats to tumors. She was my heart rat. The one that stole my heart and convinced me that rats make amazing pets. Today's project uses Clear Scraps Book Stand, Crafters Companion Die'sire Essentials Star Die and a whole lot of Distress ink to create a free standing frame for her photo.  


I started by inking white cardstock with a rainbow of Distress Inks. Next I splattered water drops onto the inked paper. I watered down some white acrylic paint and splashed that on the paper also. This is one of my favorite techniques with Distress Inks. Not only does it create a fabulous distressed effect, but it also hides when you're inking coverage might be a bit less than stellar. 


Next I die cut stars, LOTS of stars, using Crafters Companion new Die'sire Essentials Star Die. 


Position the frame on your worktable, so the stand hangs off the edge. This will allow you to work horizontally and play around with position of your pieces before adhering them down.  Leave the protective coating on the back until you are done to protect it from scratches.You might be wondering what the lined paper is for. I simply drew lines on scrap paper, positioned it under the acrylic Book Stand and it gives me a guide for placement of the stars. 

1 comment:

Lori Barnett said...

Awwww :( I'm sorry you lost your little friend. I adore rats. I love them so much. We actually haven't had a rat for several months. But we have had rats all the time for years. I just love this frame idea! Beautiful colors and the stars are great!