Sunday, September 7, 2014
Crafters Companion Coffin...
As soon as I saw the new Crafters Companion Black Coffin Cards I thought they would make the cutest 3D cofffins! Follow along as I show you how to transform a card into 3D decoration for Halloween!
1. Cut Coffin card directly down the center on the score line.
2. Cut Black Shimmer Cardstock strips at 1.5 inches wide.
3. Score strips at .5 inches. Tape strips together to make a long strip.
4. Score strip at 4 1/4, 6 3/10, 10 1/2, 12 3/4, 14 1/4. Trim strip at 16 1/4 inches.
5. To make turns around coffin, cut the .5 inch side of strip at each score line. Cut "v" notches.
6. Apply adhesive and adhere .5 inch to coffin, wrapping strip around coffin.
7. Stamp scrolls in Delicata Ink on 2nd coffin piece.
8. Adhere 2nd coffin piece to the 3D bottom of the coffin with washi tape.
9. Stamp vampire image and color. Using coffin card as a template, cut to fit in coffin.
10. Stamp skull, color and cut out.
11. Adhere to inside of coffin with anchor of cardstock.
12. Stamp sentiment, ink with distress ink and diecut.
13. Adhere sentiment to lid of coffin with foam adhesive.
14. Embellish with black fibers.
Crafters Companion (
Black Coffin Cards
Black Pearl Shimmering Cardstock
Trick of Treating
Spectrum Noir markers: IG1, IG3, IG5, OR1, CT2, DG1, DG4, EB2, CT2, HB3, FS2)
Distress Ink (Black Soot, Dusty Concord)
Delicata Ink (Silvery Shimmer)
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)