Friday, August 24, 2018

you otter know....


Today I'm playing along with Poppy Stamps August Challenge...Make a Splash. I used the Christmas Friends stamp set in a bit of a different way for this love you card. 

To create the waves, I masked off the cardfront with painters tape. Next using a DIY stencil I created from various scallop dies I inked up the front in blue and green distress inks. I stamped the otters and hearts on vellum with Versamark and embossed with Wintergreen embossing powder. I die cut the Alpha Letters and Heart from both fun foam and cardstock. I adhered the cardstock over the foam and adhered the sentiment to my card. Next I stamped the "you otter know" above the sentiment. 


Supplies Used: Poppy Stamps Christmas Friends, Your Next Stamp Bold Alpha dies, Crafters Companion Heart Dies, Distress Ink, Stampendous Wintergreen Embossing Powder, vellum, foam

2 comments:

pam said...

Gorgeous unusual card, love the colour and layout.
Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
Pam x

Jeanne J. said...

I love the inky background of waves and the soft stamped otters! Really cute and clever!