Friday, March 20, 2009

first day of spring???

So today marks the first day of spring and what do we wake up to? Snow flurries! I think I jinxed myself the other day by saying that winter was done here in Jersey. That Mother Nature is a funny lady.

Todays card is for a couple of challenges...

  • Etsy Inpired inspiration piece was used as the starting point for the card. This is one of those designs that kept changing as I worked on it. Originally I was going to use a weed sillouhette in black to mimic the tree and lots of little dots. Somewhere along the line it turned into this.
  • Kristina Werners color challenge for this week of basic black, riding hood red, regal rose, pretty in pink, and bashful blue.
  • Stamp Simply #79- to add ribbon tabs to the card.



I cut out a bunch of different size circles in all the colors using the cricut. The medium shade of pink I ran through the Cuttlebug to texturize. Some of the circles I elevated on pop dots. Its a bit hard to tell from this photo. The butterfly wings were stamped in Stazon on transparency and then I heated the wings a bit to add a curl to them.

supplies used:
stamps: Molly Stamps (Wings on Things big)
ribbon: American Craft, Melissa Frances, gingham unknown
gems: Kaiser

25 comments:

Winter said...

So pretty! Love the butterfly!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, Wendy! You rocked all those challenges! This is fabulous!

Nancy Riley said...

Beautiful! Way to combine those challenges! Love that butterfly!

Anonymous said...

WOW! More awesome, amazing, fantastic stuff from Wendy P!!!

Sankari W. said...

Ummmm.....hellooooooooooooo Gorgeous!!!! LOVE the circles and the butterfly is awesome!! LOVE those sweet little ribbon tabs on the side!!! This has TOP 10 written all over it!!! Its definitely #1 in my book!!! You rocked this color challenge Wendy!!!

Its just beautiful!!!

Sending you big big hugs!!!
Sankari :0

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fabulous use of shapes and the clear butterfly. Great job with the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Ashley Newell said...

This is gorgeous! I love it! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week! I means a lot to me!

Sylvia said...

This is a great card. Love the butterfly!

Kerry said...

Beautiful! I love how all the colored circles stand out against the black and that transparent butterfly is so pretty!

Tiffany said...

Very pretty!!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

What a great card - I love how the colours pop out against the black!

Britta Swiderski said...

Wonderful card! I love how you used the transparency of the butterfly to its fullest- great job. Thanks for sharing!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love your bright perky card and the ribbon tabs in the different colors set it off just perfectly.
Pat

Katie Cotton said...

beautiful card!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Gorgeous card!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is totally rockin' Wendy. What a fun circular design and your butterfly looks perfect on this design!

Fink said...

I just love the circles! This is just super!

Diane said...

wow that is such a neat card love it

Candy said...

Beautiful!!

Tiff said...

Beautiful card! It's a little work of art :) CONGRATS on winning the EtsyInspired Challenge too :)

Lindsay said...

great card... love those circles!

de said...

Congrats on the Etsy win! Beautiful card!

Elena said...

Wow! This card is amazing! Love the buttefly and all of the colors!

Anthonette said...

This card is STUNNING, Wendy! I love the butterfly on acetate.

christelle said...

très très beau !!