I'm kicking off the Independance Day Weekend with a layout featuring Stampendous, May Arts and Clear Scraps!
1. Tape the 12 x 12 Stripe Mascil to the XL Deco Shape and your craft mat. I like to make sure to tape it down on each of the stripes all along the acrylic piece to be sure the lines don't shift while applying the embossing paste.
2. Using the 7 inch paste spreader, apply Translucent Embossing paste to the acrylic. Be sure to leave the protective coating on the back of the acrylic piece until you are done. Once you've applied the paste, remove the tape and wash the Mascil off immediately. If desired, sprinkle a bit of crystal glitter over the wet paste. Allow to dry.
3. Stamp Stampendous Old Glory flag image in Versamark and emboss with white embossing powder. Trim paper to fit the bottom of XL Deco Shape and adhere with Zip Dry.
4. Heat May Arts ribbon with a heat gun to curl. Adhere to layout.
5. Adhere die cut stars, photos, journaling tags to layout.
6. Stamp sentiment on acrylic Star Embellishment in StazOn. Sand the back of the acrylic and adhere to layout.
- Stampendous (Old Glory Rubber Stamp, Free and Brave Rubber Stamp, White Embossing Powder, Dreamweavers Translucent Embossing Paste)
- Clear Scraps (XL Deco Shape, 12 x 12 Stripe Mascil, Star Embellishment)
- May Arts ribbon
- Beacon Zip Dry
- Tsukineko (StazOn, Versamark)
Be sure to comment and tell us where you’re from, because our Australian Distributor The Stencil Specialists are sponsoring a prize for one friend “down under” to win a Stampendous Stamp, a Dreamweaver Stencil and a surprise goodie from their terrific stock of Stampendous merchandise!
There are Stampendous prize packages up for grabs. THREE US commenters will receive a prize of their choice in any one roll of ribbon from May Arts and a $20 reward card. Tell us what state you live in when you comment. Stampendous Official Rules.
Be sure to stop by the May Arts blog each day, because they are having a prize also! How’s that for an amazing week of prizes!
Ready to hop. Be sure to stop by and leave some love on each of the designers blogs!
Oh this is so cool! Embossing paste stripes and curled ribbon, so many wonderful embellishments. Thank you for sharing this week on our blog hop with May Arts!
Very clever and terrific new technique that I can't wait to try!
WOW wow WOW
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS layout!!!
LOVE the techniques and products you have combined together!!!
THANK YOU for sharing your tutorial too, I have SO MUCH I NEED to try :)
TracyM #6773 from Victoria, Australia
Another great product use, thanks. From St. Louis, MO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I think I am in love!! What an amazing layout! LOVE the embossed stripes on the clear acrylic background and those pictures are so awesome!! Looks like fun was had by everyone! TFS!
What a lovey project and one that can be saved for years!! Thx for sharing your creativity and inspiration!
Oh goodness, the layout is fantastic! New techniques for me to try - acrylic page with embossing paste! curling ribbon with heat gun! I am drooling over this project - it is so wonderful!
Tina V from Minnesota
Fun layout. Will be great to look back on this page in the years to come and remember the fun times.
thanks for sharing.
What an amazing layout!- Florida
I love the way you did the background on this LO. So adorable.
Carla from Utah
What a wonderful idea using embossing paste onto acrylic. Lovely set up too!
Kathryn from Connecticut
What a stunning layout. I appreciate all the lovely details you included. I live in Georgia in USA.
Creative layout of these photos.
Sue in Ohio
Post a Comment