Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Brown and Cream color challenge

This week the color challenge for Rubbernecker Stamps is Creams & Browns . When I first started scrapping this was a color combo I would reach for time and time again. Pairing the browns with a nice earthy green or blue. And then pretty much over night my style changed and so did my color choices. The brighter the better! So when gathering up supplies, I dusted off some older forgotten items and got busy.



supplies used: Rubbernecker stamp, Ranger distress ink, Pebbles sticker, Making Memories stickers, Crate Paper pattern paper (green), Daisy D pattern paper, Bazzill brad, ribbon, cardboard

I was hoping to achieve a soft stamped image that looked as though it had come straight out of an artists sketchbook. I stamped the image on textured paper with Ranger Distress ink. While the ink was still damp I went over it with an aqua pen. I went back and added a bit of mossy green watercolors and white Signo gell pen for highlights.