Monday, July 7, 2008

chocolate therapy

I have been reading the challenges for a bit on splitcoaststampers but haven't actually gotten up the courage to try one until today. Todays technique challenge was to make a suspension card. Something I have wanted to try for awhile now. And I had the perfect stamp to try it with...the new Inkadinkadoo psychologist/chocolate stamp. I could picture him spinning round in round in circles in his rolling chair as he listened to his patient. I stamped a mirror image of the stamp so that the image could be seen on both sides when spun. Once I finished the basics of the card it just seemed to be missing something. I had an idea!

me: What did you do with the wrapper to your Hershey bar from yesterday?

DS #1: ummmm.......

me: Do you know if you threw it out?

DS #1: why?

DS #2: (always eager to rat out his big brother and get him in trouble) OH YEAH!!!! He dropped a piece of chocolate on the car seat of your car!!!

me: (sigh)

oh well, never did find that Hershey wrapper. I have a sneaking suspicion that it will show up in the wash later. Instead I had to settle for a tootsie roll to create the flower center with. I simply adhered a wrapper to the front of a Heidi Swapp large brad, tucked the edges underneath and stuck it in the middle of the flower.



supplies used:
Inkadinkadoo stamp, American Craft stickers, flower, graph paper, tootsie roll

4 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a great card to start doing the challenges with! Love the 'shrink' and the fun chocolate wrapper center of the flower! so creative - wonderful design!

Dani said...

How great is this! I love it! I still haven't had the nerve to try a suspension/spinner type card!

Kim Ross said...

What a cute idea! I love your Tootsie brad! :)

Stampin' Meg said...

I want to eat this card, Wendy. You should NOT go dangling chocolate (even if it is just a tootsie wrapper!) in front of a woman with PMS!!!!