Monday, August 18, 2008

layered butterflies

Just a quick post before I'm off to go make dinner. Here is another card that I finished up from this weekends CX crop. The challenge was to use something that has been hoarded. Well that should be easy because I'm the queen of hoarding away supplies for that perfect layout or card and forgetting I have them. I also used sketch LCWC#4 found at Jen's blog.

supplies used:
stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs (flowers), Inkadinkado (butterfly)
chipboard: Making memories
die cut: Cuttlebug Babyface, Swiss dots
To create the butterfly, I stamped the image on turq. and black cardstock. Since the images are only used as a reference for cutting they will be on the backside and it doesn't matter how imperfect the stamped images are. Next I cut out the butterflys, cutting away the extra inside details on the black piece. I ran the one butterfly through the cuttlebug and simply layered them to create the 3-D butterfly.

3 comments:

Little C's Creations said...

Hey Wendy,

This is awesome! Love that butterfly - it's so pretty, and love the colors on here too!!

Thanks for playing - you made it on time!

Hugs,
Jen

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, that butterfly is amazing!! Great card, Kiddo!

~Hugs, Deb

Andrea Amu said...

This is exquisite, Wendy! Love what you did with that butterfly!