Sunday, September 14, 2008

a little stamping fun

I spent the day working on my SYTYCS layout. It would have been a really simple design if I could have made up my mind on a design in the beginning. Does everyone else do that when you scrap and stamp? The vote goes live tomorrow morning and I'll link you up then.



Finishing up that project left me time to just "play" with my stamps. Yay! I used this weeks Lizzie Anne Designs sketch #44 for this card. And lookie there, I actually followed the sketch for once. =) The robot is from the Gizmos and Gears set, but I added one large googlie eye. He kinda looks a bit like an alien now.

The second part of the challenge was stamp kissing. um, yeah. This is not something I've done before and I had to play around for awhile to find something that would work. I cut a piece of magic mesh, put it on a stamp mount and set it aside. Next I inked up the robot in teal and immediately afterwards stamped with my "custom" mesh stamp onto the inked up robot. Last step, stamp the robot onto cardstock.



supplies used:
stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs (robot), balloons (unknown), phrase (sassafrass Lass)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool idea for the kissing technique. Love your card the colors are beautiful.

Risa said...

Wow...your card is too cute...I luv it!!!

Anonymous said...

made me smile it did!