Wednesday, November 19, 2008

take flight

I love anything butterflies when it comes to scrapping and stamping, so when I saw this Wings on Things set by Molly Stamps I couldn't wait to ink them up and play. What I loved is how well these would work to cut them into lacy fillagree butterflies. If you've been reading my blog you'll know that this technique isn't new to me.

I stamp the butterfly wings on black cardstock with versamark, but it would probably be easier on the eyes if I had used white ink. Using a sharp exacto knife, I cut out the inner details in the wings. These will be flipped over in the final butterfly, so you don't have to be exact.



I cut a piece of watercolor paper to fit inside the frame and did a wash of colors on it. The sentiment is stamped on the paper. Assemble the paper, glass, frame and adhere the butterfly to the outside of the frame on top of the glass with glue dots. The gems hide the glue dots and provide a glitzy body for the butterfly.



supplies used:
stamps: Molly Stamps Wings on Things Big and Wings on Things small
gems: Kaiser crafts
frame: Target

5 comments:

some kind of wonderful said...

oh my stars girl! this is gorgeous!! i can't imagine how much time that would take to cut out! i have such shaky hands, i could never do anything that intricate! just beautiful!

Elena said...

This butterfly project is gorgeous! And very delicate!!! You are incredibly talented!

Elena said...

Hello Wendy! It is me again! I have a special award for you at my blog http://refinedfocus.com/redhairedgirl/?p=629! Sorry if already was nominated and I missed it...

Mer said...

WOW Wendy...this is AMAZING! So very intricate and delicate. You did a terrific job! :)

Kim Burmeister said...

Wendy, this is gorgeous! You sure are good with an xacto knife!