Tuesday, December 30, 2008

childsafe project that uses up old unloved product

In the five years that I've been scrapping and stamping I've seen alot of trends come and go. In the process I've accumulated my fair share of must-have products that haven't seen the light of day in quite awhile. While cleaning up my room last, I pulled out these old clear page pebble stickers to try to find a new use for them. Using one of the words from the Molly Stamps Paper Dolls set, I stamped "believe" on the top (nonadhesive) side of the page pebble with Stazon. After the ink was dry, I flipped it over and colored the adhesive side in with mica powders. The last step was to add another page pebble to the altered one, so the two sticky sides are adhered together, punch a hole and add it to a card. Last year, around the holidays I was having fun making altered microscope slides as ornaments and card embellies, but this alternative is safer so even the kids can join in.



This next card uses part of the snowman on the Molly Stamps Post Office sets. Again, I stamped the image on the top of the page pebble with Stazon. Then I colored in the adhesive side with colored chalks. (another one of those unloved products that is mostly sitting around in my desk, lol)



supplies used:
Molly Stamps: Paper Dolls ; Post Office
other: page pebbles, Cuttlebug, ribbon

Ok, now I'm officially done with holiday cards, be sure to stop by later in the week for some Valentines Day cards.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Wendy...you come up with the best ideas! Great job on these!

Elena said...

These cards are co cute! What a great idea!

Stampin' Meg said...

Such a cool idea ,Wendy. I know that I have some of those stickers in my stash!