Monday, December 8, 2008

on the eleventh day of Christmas...

"my true love gave to me, 11 pipers piping"




"It's the Eleventh Day of Christmas Contest! "On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Eleven Pipers Piping"....

No problem -- 11 pipers piping... definitely, lets make a paper craft using musical instruments! Load your creation into the photos area using the keyword/tag "12day11" (all lowercase) and you'll be entered to win a $25 gift certificate from Embellish-It Scrapbooking.

Because I'm on the East Coast of the US, we'll use my time -- you have until midnight EST to enter.Side note: don't freak out if your picture doesn't instantly appear in the contest album. We have to do this manually. It will get there -- I promise!"

Lizzie Anne News:
  • Lizzie Anne Designs is retiring some stamps sets to make room for the new releases. So sad, but the good news is those retiring sets are now 40% off. Woo hoo! So be sure to check them out before they're all gone.

  • And don't forget there is still time to get your entry in for the Lizzie Anne Design Holiday Card Contest '08. Grand prize is $100 gift certificate to LAD. Sweet prize, so what are you waiting for?! Get stamping! We're looking forward to seeing all your creations in the gallery.
For last weeks Lizzie Anne Designs sketch challenge 55, the twist was it had to be a Christmas card with black in there somewhere. I used a bit of artistic licensing with the christmas birdie there, lol! I stamped the bird, and then stamped the bird again on red cardstock. I cut just the hat out of the red cardstock, flipped it over so you couldn't see the dots and added some white liquid applique and made a Santa hat out of it. The flowers were stamped on black cardstock and embossed with white EP.


supplies used:
stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs Party Animals, Jolies Fleurs
foam letters: Target

2 comments:

joslyn said...

ohhhhh. love this.

Katie said...

so cute! Love the hat!