Tuesday, December 2, 2008

on the sixth day of Christmas...

my true love gave to me SIX GEESE A LAYING.....




We're officially half way through the 12 days of Christmas challenges at Paper Craft Planet. I hope everyone is having fun with their projects and cards. Your challenge is to create a card or project using geese,eggs, wildlife or bird. Be creative and have fun! The sky is the limit!

Load your creation into the photos area using the keyword/tag "12day6" (all lowercase) and you'll be entered to win the fabulous Jolly Snowman stamp as a prize from Treehouse Stamps . Isn't he cute?

Are you ready to see my project? I went online again to look for coloring book images of geese. I simply printed them to the size I needed and used that as a pattern to paper piece the goose. This was actually a Canadian Goose but I decided to keep it simple and do away with the color variations. I'm not sure if you can see how much this paper glimmers, but I used some opal metallic cardstock from PaperTemptress to create the goose. Beautiful, luxurious papers!!! I printed "Merry Christmas" onto glossy pattern paper from (i believe) Creative Imaginations. Since it was glossy, the ink was taking too long to dry, so I sprinkled some white embossing powder on it and heat set it.


Please remember when you are uploading your creations to use the tag "12day6" . This will allow me to search the gallery specifically for project for todays theme and manually drag them into the correct gallery album. Please be patient, I'll be on and offline throughout the day and updating the album.

I can't wait to see what you make. So what are you waiting for...get busy!

No comments: