Wednesday, February 11, 2009

last minute valentines day

I promised you some really easy valentine day cards and here they are. I used some of the Paper Craft Planet hybrid kit cards and a few stamps. The kit comes already done. So all you have to do is print out the page and you have 2 folded cards. We didn't want to make folded cards so using the crop tool, I highlighted the cardfront that I wanted, copied it and dragged it onto my new document (8.5x11 inch). I resized them so I could fit 12 per paper, making them about 2-3 inches square each. I also changed some of the colors to blue by moving the hue slider. I stamped and cut out a bunch of Lizzie Anne Things that Go stamps and let my son color them in. I helped him stamp a sentiment on them and then he simply adhered them with pop dots. I love to see his little imagination at work. He thought the blue scallops looked like waves, hence the boat.



For the "pick me" cards, I cut out some hearts using the cricut and we stamped a sentiment on them.



supplies used:
digital kit: Paper Craft Planet
stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs Things that Go, Studio G

7 comments:

Fink said...

These are just to cute and what a great idea to let him color them! Nice job both of you! Thanks again for the watermark stuff!

Andrea Amu said...

These are simple and sweet... perfect! The Float my Boat is too clever for a valentine sentiment!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This are fantastic Wendy. I love the "pick me"...it's perfect for school Valentine's. You've really be busy!

renee said...

These are just too cute!

Elena said...

They are so cute! What a great idea!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute, Wendy! :)

joybear said...

These are soooooooooo cute!