Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow day....

And wasn't I just mentioning yesterday how much I look forward to March because it means spring is coming? Hopefully this is Winters last hurrah before spring arrives.

Today's card was created for Heather's sketch on the EtsyInspired Challenges. This is based off a sketch that her daughter, Piper, drew up here. I partially cut a circle out of pattern paper, cutting around the flowers and leaves. I went back and added a bit of color with colored pencils. The butterfly is from Molly Stamp's Wings on Things (small). To mimic the diagonal lines on the sketch, I stitched embroidery floss, weaving it through the diagonals.



supplies used:
stamps: Molly Stamps-Wings on Things (small)
pattern paper: SEI

9 comments:

Heather Schlatter said...

Hi Wendy,

Piper says Hi and that to tell you your card is Beautiful and she loves it!!!

You did a great job on the image and the coloring and I really like the criss crosses!! I enjoyed all the green as I am a green girl!!!

Thanks so much for playing and I will get you entered to win the Prize on Wednesday!!!

Heather

Heather

Andrea Amu said...

Really pretty!

No snow here... and I like it that way ;)

Darlene said...

This is fantastic Wendy!! Your coloring is perfect and the layout fantastic!!
No snow here in NE Ohio but it sure is COLD brrrr ... with wind chill ... 1 degrees!! Thanks for stopping by my blog ... please stop back again!!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Beautiful - love the flower and butterfly!

We're getting freezing rain here. Supposed to keep up through out the night I think...

Elena said...

Very inspiring card! The background is so pretty! And flowers with butterfly absolutely gorgeous!

Lynn Mercurio said...

THUD! This is gorgeous. Love the "out of the circle" design...how beautiful!

Fink said...

Love how you did the background! Wow, pretty card! I know that March came in here like a lion! Cold and mean! LOL

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous card, Wendy! I love the colors!

Candy said...

Beautiful, love the floss bg!!