Friday, January 29, 2010

Wooden bangles ...

A few months ago I had the pleasure of working with DIYBangles for Scrapfriends. Let me tell you, when I opened that box and saw all the gorgeous wood bangles I couldn't wait to play. Over the next few days, I'll share my projects and show you a few ways you can use these wooden bangles.

This first project is an easy one...paint and stamping! I painted the wooden bangles with a diluted green Making Memories paint. Wiped off the extra to allow the woodgrain to show. When it was dry, I used the Lizzie Anne Designs Fanciful Flourishes to decorate it with. Holding the unmounted stamp in my hand, I inked it up and then bent it around the bangle to stamp. You can also place the stamp on a mount, ink it and roll your bangle on the stamp, but I found that I didn't have as much control with image placement when I did it that way. Holding the stamp works great as long as you don't accidently stick your fingers in the ink pad or drop the inked stamp the way I did a few times. LOL! The final touch is adding the white dots with a gel pen. I gave it a spray of shellac to protect it and called it done. Start to finish... 15 minutes depending on dry time.

Be sure to stop by DIY Bangles and check out all the great stuff they have just waiting to be altered. And stop back tomorrow when I share another "HOT" project. hmmm, that just might have been a hint to tomorrow's project.

3 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Very pretty Wendy, always love your altered projects!!

Andrea Amu said...

Ohh man is this awesome! Just beautiful, Wendy... I love the green :)

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Wendy they are just awesome! Great job, and thanks for stopping by my blog!