Monday, February 8, 2010

Kaiser Advent Calendar- CreativeXpress

Its up and I can share! I am so excited to be able to share with you my first project that I created for the CreativeXpress Design Team! Using Winter Woodland, When its Cold Outside cartridges and Kaiser's Advent Calendar I was able to create this winter keepsake for my family. A complete set of directions can be found at the CreativeXpress Blog, so I'll just share some photos with you....

I figured with three kids the idea of filling the drawers with candy was going to guarantee a fight, so using the cartridges I created 24 paper ornaments for the Christmas tree.

Layered sentiments of "peace" and "joy"...

Aren't these mittens adorable? I think the Winter Woodland cartridge has to be my absolute favorite cartridge!!!

Some holly leaves for the tree...

And lots of 3D snowflakes!

Teeny tiny little ice skates...

I also have a post up with some Tips and Tricks to creating your own advent calendar up on the blog. Most important tip...don't start this November 30th! LOL!!! Between paint and glue trying time, it takes a bit of time but it is totally worth it!

4 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Wow this is amazing! I'm a little speechless!

Andrea Amu said...

That was such a great idea to make the mini paper ornaments instead of using candy in the drawers! I just love this and want to make one for next year :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

VERY cute! LOVE your "don't wait until November 30th to start this!" comment! LOL

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is a wonderful project Wendy!! And big congrats on the new design team!!