Thursday, March 11, 2010

Think Spring...

I've been thinking spring for months now, but finally its starting to feel like spring! Time to swap out the sweatshirts for shorts!

Before I share the details of today's card, don't forget about the Blog Candy I have HERE.

I had a chance to ink up Stampendous Cling Changito for this spring card. Its a bit hard to tell, but its stamped on a shimmer white cardstock. I colored the images in with Koh-i-noor's and baby oil. "Think Spring" is a Colorbok rubon that I found in the dollar section at Joann Fabrics last year.

You can see in this photo how I popped up one of those cute monkeys and some bubbles. I wanted more bubbles than the stamp had so I simply drew some circles with a marker, colored them in and cut them out. Super simple, but I love the way the design can now flow off the paper!

11 comments:

Shana said...

That is one beautifully done card. Extremly cute!!

Priscilla said...

This is the cutest card! Love how you added the extra bubbles and they just seem to float off!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Changito is soo fun, love this whimsical card!!

Kim Burmeister said...

Wendy, this is adorable! Cute, cute image! I love how you colored the bubbles. Awesome!

Andrea Amu said...

So cute with the bubbles going off the rest of the image and card border!

Courtney Baker said...

Wow so well done and the dimension is just fantastic! Can you come color my cards for me! :)

Linda Beeson said...

Oh how sweet! I just love how you did the bubbles so 3-D.

Unknown said...

Wow! Look at those bubbles. Cute, Wendy.

Deb said...

Love this Wendy! I am a long-time Changito fan! This is just the cutest!

Unknown said...

Love this!! great great job!!

Nancy Sanders said...

Cute card am I am curious how you colored it. Baby oil and what? Sounds interesting.