Sunday, May 9, 2010

time to relax...

Spent a relaxing Mothers Day driving around through the pineys of Jersey, looking for fishing spots, playing referee to two boys fighting in the backseat (ok, that part wasn't so relaxing, LOL!), visiting my not-so local stamp store, chowing down on Chinese food and just doing absolutely nothing! And it was perfect! This time of the year we spend so much time rushing from one activity to the next its nice to just relax and spend time together.

I have two more samples from the newest Practicing Creativity Designs set, You're The Man to share today. On this first card I inked up just part of the tire image and stamped it on either side of the sentiment. Because they're clear stamps, its really easy to see and line up. Super simple one layer design!


This next card uses the starburst from the Just Dandy set along with the sentiment from You're The Man. To create the background on the card, I cut the design out on the cricut and used that paper as a stencil to ink Versamark on the cardfront. In the centers I stamped the starburst. Before you throw away those scraps from your diecuts think about using them as stencils in this way.

Well its back to work and school tomorrow for everyone. Enough relaxing its time to tackle that laundry and get everyone ready for tomorrow. Happy Mothers Day!

4 comments:

Shelia said...

I loved looking at all your inspiration. Thanks for showing the masking tip. It made me want to hit my head and say "duh" why didn't I think of that. Also thank you for the comment you left on my blog.

Beate said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Both cards look amazing! Perfect masculine cards.
Have a great week!
Hugs and smiles

Kim Burmeister said...

I am a liking these! I love the simplicity of flat cards and the masculine one is FAB. You rock, Wendy!

Karen B. said...

I adore these, I love the simplicity and the graphic nature of them and you've really made the set shine! Courtney chose a great guest designer!