Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lizzie Anne sneak peeks...

(if you're visiting from the SSD Blogs 4 Boobies scroll up to the top of the blog)

Are you ready for a sneak peek at the October Lizzie Anne Designs Monthly Mix, Sweet and Spooky? I think this is one of my all time favorite mix sets yet!!! Polka dots...squeal! Skull...squeal! Spider....eeek! Something you might not know about me, I am scared to death of spiders. Don't even like to squash them when they're in the house because I'm afraid they're going to jump on me. LOL! When I first saw this set I fell in love with all those halloween/fall images but wasn't so sure I could even look at that spider stamp.  This spider has become one of my favorites in the set! Don't get me wrong. I'm still won't be going within 10 feet of any real spiders, but this large spider is the perfect touch for all my halloween cards. To create the spiderweb detail I simply sketched in lines with a white gel pen. 


Wait till you see the gorgeous digital papers that are also being released! This next card uses one of the fall papers. I cropped it down to 4x4, made a duplicate layer and dragged it onto my paper. To create the look of a mat, I added a 20 pixel stoke around the digi paper. The sentiment and frame are also from the Sweet and Spooky set. The flower was created using one of the new Cuttlebug quilling sets. Fun! I've always wanted to try quilling but this makes it easy-peasy to get great results! 



Be sure to stop by the Lizzie Anne Designs blog to check out all the awesome sneak peeks the design team has for you... BLOG.

5 comments:

Tricia Ulberg said...

Very nice Wendy... it looks like we liked the same paper, ha ha!

Pam Hornschu said...

Love the simple yet scary Halloween card, and the fall digi paper is so pretty!

Meridith said...

Love these Wendy! I feel the same about spiders. After I drew this one I dreamed about spiders. EEK! Thank heavens this one isn't real. I'd be freaking out big time if I saw a real one that size. Love that flower on your other card too...gorgeous!

Patricia said...

Good for you for taking on that spider even though you don't like real ones. The flower card is great... I'm really liking that new digi paper!

Kendra said...

OMW! That flower is AMAZING!!!! Great cards (and I don't like spiders either).