Friday, October 1, 2010

Bring on Halloween...

Woo hoo! Its October 1st and that means its time to decorate for Halloween. I started decorating the inside a few days ago. If it ever stops raining here I'll hopefully get some decorations up outside too. I had big dreams a few years ago of creating a graveyard of foam tombstones all painted up. I got 1 done and that was the end of that project, lol! Might just be time to revisit that project again this year. ;)

I mentioned earlier in the week that since I didn't use Skipping Stones Designs Halloweenies on my card, I'd be back with another project. Ok, I'm a few days late, but here it is...


Do your neighbors "Boo" in your area? My kids have such a blast trying to sneak up and leave a treat on their friends doorsteps. There is nothing quiet about giggling kids trying to be quiet. LOL!  I used the sketch from last week to create a panel for a gift bag. Super simple way to create a customized bag to go "Boo" your neighbors with. 


Isn't that candy corn stamp adorable? Candy Corn....YUMMY! One of my favorite fall treats! Wegmans sells bulk candy and I always have to treat myself to a tiny scoop to bring home these days. My incentive for doing the dreaded grocery shopping. :)

And yes, see this is why I have all the decorations down. I decided as I was photographing fall projects I needed some fall props. Do you like our rat? This silly squeaking rat drives our dog CRAZY!!! He will run around the house like a nut looking for it. I usually make sure this decoration is up high so the kids don't keep walking by squeaking it. (wink) 


Thats it for today, but be sure to stop back tomorrow because its WORLD CARDMAKING DAY!!!! Woo hoo!!!! 

2 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Love your goody bag, and SO love that squeaky rat! Your staging is just fabulous.

Pam said...

I love candy corn too. I have to take three bites on each one or two depending on the colors. Do you? LOL. How fun to "Boo" your neighbors and the bag is adorable. We used to always do that for Valentines Day when the kids were little. Oh and I HATE your rat and the fact that it squeeks only makes me HATE it more ;)