Hi everyone! I'm excited to be able to share some projects I've been working on using the new Design Memory Craft Big Brush Markers from Faber Castell. Faber Castell has been a staple for artists for years...250 to be exact! They've just recently launched a new line called Design Memory Craft in which they take the guesswork out of color selection.
I've had the opportunity to work with the Big Brush Markers and they are FUN! You probably already know how much I love fun bright colors. I think my heart did a little pitter patter when I first saw how vibrant the colors were at DMC.
- The Big Brush Markers are India Ink. This means they're waterproof after they're dry. That means you can layer on colors after they're dry or blend in colors while they're damp to get a bit different effect.
- The markers are nice and juicy wet. This allowed me to ink up my stamps by scribbling directly on the stamp and then stamp onto the paper. For a more watercolor effect, you can give it a spritz of water.
- And I also found that I was able to blend them onto my project using my Distress Blending tool. You'll need to work quickly before the ink dries on the blending tool, but I love the soft effect it has over gesso.
Faber- Castell PITT artist pen Big Brush in Light Cobalt Turquoise
Stampendous Cling Shell Background
Stampendous Clear stamps Scripty Stems
Stampendous Embossing Powder in Golden Sand
Paper Reflections tag
1. Using a palette knife add gesso to the tag and allow to dry.
2. Scribble Big Brush pen on craft sheet, pick up ink with a blending tool and wipe it onto the tag. The ink has a pretty soft effect when wiped over a gesso surface.
3. Stamp shell image on tag in Versamark. Emboss with Golden Sand embossing powder.
4. Using a ruler as a guide, run the Big Brush down a strip of tissue paper. While the paper is still damp with ink, rip the paper. Wrap tissue paper around tag.
5. Stamp seniment on cardstock and adhere to tag over tissue paper.
6. Embellish with twine.