Monday, April 25, 2011

Two halves make a whole...

Today I'm sharing a glittery spring card I made for the Kreaxions blog using Punch #905 and the Circle Cutter.  



I love adding butterflies to my cards and layouts! However the butterfly stamp I wanted to use (Stampendous Daisy Thanks SSC1112) was of a side few of a butterfly. No problem! I stamped the butterfly once on cardstock, embossed it and cut out the one wing. In order to have a wing on the opposite side of the butterfly, I needed to create a mirror image of the stamp. I stamped the butterfly in Versmark on a large solid circle clear stamp I had from an older Stampendous set called Geo Shapes. Next I stamped that on the cardstock, embossed it and cut it out. I glued the butterfly wings together and placed gems in the center for a body.


2 comments:

Lindsey said...

This is such a gorgeous card, Wendy! What a brilliant way to to get a full butterfly out of your stamp, too!

Pam Hornschu said...

Beautiful card, Wendy! Aren't you the clever girl?